Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thing #8 RSS feeds and Readers

I know it is more efficient to view all my subscribed blogs in one place, but I do miss seeing the style and colors of individual blogs. It is great to know that all up-dated blogs are sent to my Google Reader account so I won’t waste time going to blogs that do not have new posts. I haven’t been very consistent in viewing my reader on a regular basis, and all the new posts are crowding my inbox. I feel a little overwhelmed by all the information!

To manage my subscriptions, I have placed my subscriptions into three folders: Librarians, Technology, and Personal. I am making a commitment to check them more often!

I viewed the Meriwether Lewis Elementary blog and found it amazing. They have over 30 pages of school related content, and it looks like each teacher has their own “Class Notes” section. If parents subscribe to the school blog, then every time a change is made to the blog, they can be informed through the RSS feed.
RSS is a very important tool for libraries and administrators to keep the school community informed. Parents can become partners in their child education and both the school and the students will be be more successful.

1 comment:

  1. Just like you, I miss the backgrounds and images the bloggers have set up too. Somehow that makes their comments more appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete