Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Thing #7 Goggle

After exploring Google’s tools, I see that Google is a whole world in itself. Like Who-ville in Horton Hears a Who, the Google world was there all the time, and I never knew it! I am excited about using Google calendar and Google’s Advance Search. The calendar app would be very useful to post library events so parents, as well as students, could access it 24/7. I hope to utilize this tool as a homework calendar for my students. Now, no more excuses for missed homework assignments! The calendar was easy to navigate and easy to embed in this blog (see below).

The Advance Search option was a great tool, also. I found an interactive site on latitude and longitude ( http://olc.spsd.sk.ca/DE/k9mod/Mapskill/mod3fl5.swf ). To find it I had to narrow down the search by displaying only Shockwave files. The Advance Search option also can narrow the topic by date and/or by domain. I like using the Advance Search option because you weed out thousands of pages of irrelevant information. I will definitely use this tool more often.

1 comment:

  1. The world of Google is an amazing place...hope you will discover other important tools!

    ReplyDelete