Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thing #12

This blog post was the hardest to write so far. I agree with Cool Cat Teacher that words have power, and was surprised to learn that how I comment can influence the direction of the blog and can even help attract people to your own blog. I identify with Meredith Farkus when she says that people do not make comments because they feel like they do not have anything worth sharing. That has been my problem. I need to get out of myself and believe that sharing can help others and sharing helps others to share.
I enjoyed reading my fellow classmates blogs and even learned a few “new” things. Here are the blogs I commented on:
Lamb’s Lair
Bellieful to Digest
Karen’s Home on the Range
Kristin’s Blog
Christopher's Cabin Crew

Commenting on a public blog was intimidating, but taking Meredith Farkus’s advice, I broke my silence and wrote a personal reflection on a blog I follow, Parchment and Pen. I was drawn to this blog because it is a forum to discuss contemporary issues facing Christians without all the stuffiness. It has a conversational style comments section which stretches and challenges me.

No comments:

Post a Comment